SkinDNA™ Genetic Test
What is SkinDNA™ Genetic Test?
SkinDNA™ is a revolutionary laboratory DNA test performed by a renowned laboratory in Sydney. It enjoys great popularity in Australia, the United States, Canada and many European countries. It is available in several hundred professional clinics around the world, where the results have already benefited tens of thousands of people who learned how to take care of themselves more wisely to maintain the health and beauty of their skin for many years. The test checks 15 genetic markers (SNPs) in 5 categories related to skin ageing.
What does SkinDNA™ Genetic Test involve?
Scientists from SkinDNA International Pty team identified specific genetic indicators that allow to assess the susceptibility of the patient’s body to the occurrence of specific changes in the skin contributing to its ageing. Knowledge of these personal predispositions allows us to choose the care and treatments ideal for you! With SkinDNA™ test results, you will gain unprecedented knowledge about the risks to your skin hidden in your genes and receive an anti-ageing preventive care precisely tailored to your skin needs.
How is the test conducted?
Genetic material for testing is obtained by taking swabs from the cheek mucosa using a special “culturette”. It takes about 10 seconds and is completely painless and non-invasive. The collected material is sent to a laboratory in Australia where the patient’s DNA is analysed to identify 15 gene variants associated with skin ageing processes. The analysis of correlations between these variants allows to determine individual predispositions of the patient to various skin problems and to estimate the genetic risk of premature skin ageing and various forms of this ageing.
Based on the results of your DNA tests, a personalised guide is created especially for you, which allows you to develop your individual, scientifically selected program tailored to the specific needs of your skin. Your specialist will have the opportunity to go beyond the scheme set for all and to select for you even more precisely the right ingredients for skin care, dietary supplements and treatments according to your genetic profile to ensure the highest possible effectiveness of anti-ageing prevention.
What risk categories of premature skin ageing are assessed by SkinDNA™?
- Firmness + Flexibility
- Wrinkles – Glycation (A.G.E.)
- Sun damages + Pigmentation
- Free Radical Damage
- Sensitivity + inflammatory states
Who should perform the SkinDNA™ genetic test?
- Anyone who wonders if the skin care they are currently using is optimal for them.
- Anyone who knows that prevention is better than treatment and wants to act before it is too late
- Anyone who wants to have a good understanding of how their body works in order to be able to use targeted therapies
- Everyone who feels lost among thousands of products and treatments offered on the market
What are the benefits of SkinDNA™?
- You will find out what are your genetic predispositions of your skin in all ageing categories
- You will find out which risks you need to focus on in order to keep your skin healthy and beautiful
- You will find out what are the possibilities of effective targeted prevention to prevent threats.
- You will learn the most effective, scientifically selected, individual skin care plan for your skin.
- You will be able to effectively prevent skin problems even before visible changes appear.
- You won’t have to guess what’s good for your skin.
- You will avoid disappointments and expenses related to the trial and error method
- Save money by giving up what you don’t need for your skin
- You will maintain a healthy and youthful appearance of your skin and, along with it, your well-being for longer.
How often do I have to do this type of test?
The test is carried out once in a lifetime. There is no need to repeat the study because the identified gene variants (SNPs) remain unchanged throughout life.
How to prepare to the test?
It is recommended to avoid eating, drinking other drinks than water, smoking, chewing gum and brushing your teeth for 30 minutes before swabs are taken from the cheek mucosa. Immediately before swabs are taken, rinse your mouth with water.